Friday, December 4, 2009

for all you doggie lovers out there

hey, EVERYONE loves a good dog story. what better way of showing God has a sense of humor thru an adorable english bull terrier, tail wagging, even after leaving a trail of destruction in his wake. dogs are simple, just like god plan of salvation Hes got for us thru His Son. theyre one of the best ways i can think of to show us how God could care less about socially and politically correct. give Him your heart, hell give you His. dogs often offer us a comical way of viewing our mistakes and how we often buck His word. samson, my bull terrier, has got a mind of his own. and he has to see, when you tell him NO, that you mean it. well, God is often faced with the unpleAsant and popular task of having to tell us NO!!!! on things we may want his approval on, but he aint havin it.

i remember for a long time, rejecting the God of the Bible as a big meanie, who just wanted to be mean to me, and who rejected any form of correction, and any hindrance to me doing things MY way as a form of punishment. ive learned a great deal from samson about my own rebellion against God. for one, he understands what has taken me a long time to get. CORRECTION
is not the same as CRUELTY. he holds no grudges against his mum or daddy for being disciplined, but ive seen, for example in how he responded for a long time to even the sight of high heels..he basically would attack the shoe in my hand, that it was used in a cruel way against him by someone, possibily his former owner. i dont know if they hit him with it, or kicked him wearing them, because he got underfoot. thats not correction. thats just an act of cruelty. however, on the other hand, when hes throwing a temper tantrum at 3 am, and i had to take
the strap to him,he knows the score. he used to run in his cage from it, but now , just kneels down and looks at me like OK MUM I KNOW I GOT IT COMING, takes his two licks, goes back into his cage and is quiet for the night. next day, hes right as rain, tail wagging like HIYA MOM.
he understands. i wa correcting him, i wasnt doing it as an act of cruelty, and he knows i do it because i love him.

NO is a word that turns anyone off. no one likes hearing theyre not going to get their way. thats one major reason why we try to tailormake God into OUR image, forgetting we were made in HIS image. thats why for so long i rejected the real God of the Bible. i wanted to do what i wanted to do, even though they were often things that were very destructive to myself and others around me. it was all about me. i was a spoiled brat running from the rod Of Gods loving correction for whatever i was doing wrong, like samson used to run into his cage from the strap.
im learning to accept WHen in His Word he tells me NO I CANT HAVE THIS or NO I CANT DO THIS because, even though i often still sulk and pout over it, i do understand He does have my welfare at heart. when He corects me its because He loves me and truly wants what is best fot me, and is probably the only entity that i never have to put my guard up to BECAUSE i know everything He wants from me IS with my best interests in mind.and weve all been there, dealing with people, often those within our own blood family that we automatically have to be on our guard with because we know they dont have our welfare at heart.

more doggie tales to come

No comments:

Post a Comment